Tea is so often thought of as a beverage enjoyed more by women, and Mother’s Day is one of those occasions where they are usually treated to a fancy tea time. But as Father’s Day approaches I must point out that dads (and us granddads) like tea, too. Many of us even like those fancy tea rooms. Time to explore some tea options for your dad (and granddad).
It Starts with the Tea!
Most people think that men prefer teas with stronger flavors. Well, many do, so our Garden Wonder Black Tea is a great choice. It’s an orthodox style Assam tea that has the robust flavor you expect from the tea gardens of Assam, India. Dad can enjoy it hot in a manly mug or chilled with ice and lots of sugar (aka, as a Southern tradition called “sweet tea” – steep it up strong, then add the sugar in while the tea is hot and before you pour it over that ice). Or just add lemon slices for a pucker power taste sensation.
Other tea options that would be great for dad:
- Enliven for Men – give your dad a bit of a boost!
- Truly Citrus Earl Grey – great citrus flavor that can be enjoyed hot or over ice
- Perk-Up Morning Tea – get dad up and going in the morning
- Caravan Chai – a true tea adventure
- Castleton Moonlight Darjeeling Tea – as pure as the snows on the Himalayas!
- Romantic Rose Herbal Delight (Caffeine Free) – adds a touch of romance (even dads need that)
- Wuyi Rock Oolong Tea Da Hong Pao “Big Red Robe” Medium-Roasted Imperial Zheng Yan Pure – a real taste treat for your dad
- Mao Feng 2015 Spring Imperial High Mountain Wild-grown Green Tea (EU Standard) – healthy and tasty to please dad from two angles
Get the Party Rolling!
We could get very cliché here and say to get that grill fired up, but in the interest of fairness, we’ll just say get that grill fired up……heheh! Let’s face it, guys like to grill. Well, lots of us do, anyway. Let dad grill to his heart’s content. Or take him to a ball game (and bring along plenty of that iced tea in the cooler). Or in essence do with your dad whatever HE likes to do best. Just don’t forget the tea (okay, so I’m a bit biased here!).
Other Present Ideas for Dad
If you must get your dad something in addition to tea, go for a nice teapot or mug, or a necktie that he can wear while drinking tea, or a grilling apron. What the heck, just get him more tea!
Happy Father’s Day to all!